Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Sixteen!!


Doing the 16 for the top of this cake was a little bit crazy.  I had the six all made but thought it looked funny, then I realized it was backward!  Where is my head?  Then for some reason I thought it was a good idea to make it out of fondant but then when it came time to put it on the cake it completely cracked apart.  It was not good.  So I had to completely remake it out of gum paste at the last minute.  It was a little crazy and I can't believe I didn't think of that in the first place.  I've been a little out of it this week.  Nothing like making the 16 three times!  :o)
But I LOVE the bling on this one.  I ran out of the small ones so we used bigger ones than normal and I completely loved it!  I hope no one tried to eat it.  They are acrylic... not edible...

No comments: