Monday, June 8, 2009

AZ Bridal Fashion Debut

In case you haven't heard we are in the process of opening an actual shop in southeast Gilbert.  It is set to open Aug/Sept of this year.  So, in preperation for this we attended the AZ Bridal Fashion Debut at the Phoenix Convention Center this last weekend.  I am 
joining forces with Melissa Lee who is an absolutely amazing cake and cookie artist.  She is the one who made the purse cake, flower cake, and AMAZING cookie bouquet.  We also served almost 2000 cake samples and it was crazy!  We totally lucked out because the booth next to us didn't show up so we got to take over their space to cut and serve tiny little one inch square pieces of cake.  Otherwise I'm not sure how we would have kept our booth cute while serving large quantities of cake in it.  The booth turned out really cute.  Thanks to Molly at A Simple Touch Wedding Decor for donating the decorations for the booth and to Heather for being the best cake server EVER!!!  Also thanks to "The Deli" in Queen Creek for allowing me to use their kitchen to make the cakes that we served at the show.  I am so blessed to know and work with really amazing people.   The shop will be called The Sweet Studio.  We are so excited to get everything rolling and start operations under the new name.  We'll keep you updated as to when the grand opening will be!




6 comments:

Five Silly Switzer's said...

Too beautiful for words. You are so talented. Good luck on your new adventure!!!

SnapBooth said...

April your cakes are amazing, so yummy and creative. Thank you for making my daughters birthday cake so quickly also it was soooo yummy!!

DEANNA said...

I love the purse cake and can not wait to see your store. I am just trying to figure out what I can do to have a praty to have you make me a cake. They are simply fantastic!

love_b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LLKayGifts said...

Your designs are wonderful. Congrats on your new store, I wish you all the best. My cake and candy business is still home based, but I'm hoping. Good Luck

Karen Glover
LLKayGifts and Confections

The Fowlers said...

Congrats on opening a store April! Where at in Gilbert? Cant wait!! Your cakes are awesome! I will be sending friends your way!!

Bridgette
(Shelly's sister in law)