Monday, January 5, 2009

Romantic & Vintage

I always ask a customer to choose the 2 words that would describe the way they want their cake to look and she chose Romantic & Vintage.  The decoration at this wedding was over-the-top FABULOUS (Great job Tam & Kara)!  I hope the cake did the rest of the decor justice.  I haven't done very many cakes with piping so I was very nervous about this but it turned out great.  I was up till 3:30 am working on it.  It took me so long because I had to keep scraping off piping that wasn't good and redoing it until it was perfect, but it was totally worth it in the end.  I thought this cake was Gorgeous!  Oh yeah, it was really tall.  Each tier was 6 1/2 inches tall!

1 comment:

the Painters said...

April you are soooo incredibly TALENTED! My goodness girl you are amazing. These look so delicious. I love them all. Your attention to detail down to the very curve of the steelers stars are just amazing. WOW girl! I am impressed!