Sunday, June 13, 2010

Masculine 50th Birthday Party Cake

This cake was one of the most challenging cakes I have ever made. Making chocolate cigars with custom gold labels was one thing, modeling the guy on a motorcycle was another, but the black and grey striped fondant was a whole different story. This cake was inspired by a Tammie Coe piece and now I know why she charges what she charges because the striped fondant was not funny at all. The bottom tier was my first attempt and the top tier was my second attempt. I'm sure if I did it a few more times it would get easier. I'm sure having a sheeter would make this job so much easier! And if you want to keep the stripes from mutating you have to "fold" the fondant around the cake. It gives it a different but kind of cool look. You go Tammie Coe!

1 comment:

Cake designer said...

Thank you for sharing such great information. Also i came across this link where you get the delicious customised cakes for any occasion or celebration which you can also send birthday cake.
send birthday cake